It finally looks like winter! Here’s a list of what’s open and closed as we ring in 2016.
NEW YEAR’S EVE
- Dixie Mall: 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Erin Mills Town Centre: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Square One: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sherway Gardens 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- LCBO and Beer Store locations are open until 6 p.m.
- Most government offices, post offices, and banks will close early and reopen January 4.
- Libraries close at 5 p.m., although opening times vary by branch.
- Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA) is open until 4 p.m.
- Playdium: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Celebration Square outdoor rink: 10 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- MiWay has reduced weekday service (Route 76 City Centre-Subway and the 300 series school routes won’t operate); extended evening service.
- GO Transit is operating on its early homebound/late night schedule
NEW YEAR’S DAY
- All government offices, post offices, and banks.
- Region of Peel offices and non-emergency services are closed Dec. 25 to Jan. 1. Click here for services/hours.
- City of Mississauga offices are reopening January 4. Click here for a full listing of available services.
- Most malls.
- Major grocery stores, however, hours vary by location.
- All LCBO and Beer Store locations.
- Mississauga’s Provincial Offences Court is closed.
- Libraries and recreation facilities are closed Jan. 1.
- Art Gallery of Mississauga is closed until Jan. 3 at noon for the Mayor’s New Year’s Levee.
- Peel Art Gallery, Museum and Archives (PAMA).
- Community Recycling Centres.
- Square One: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Playdium: 1 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Movie theatres.
- Shoppers Drug Mart, convenience stores.
- MiWay and GO Transit are on Sunday service.